Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Lake Studio Progress

A couple weeks ago I mentioned the very small amount of progress I've made towards setting up a studio at our lake cottage. That post was the catalyst for me to get my butt in gear.

The next day we ran to Menards and bought this work bench plus a 6' table top for it. I think the table top is MDF or something.


Then I hit some online shops. I ordered my torch (Carlisle Mini CC), hose, didymium glasses, and a work surface from Sundance Glass (the pliers were a free gift for spending lots o bucks). 



Torch, hose, didys (glasses for flame working), fireproof work surface, and my "free gift" pliers arrived for my lakehouse studio glass addictions, jennifer cameron

I decided I am going to set up my ventilation similar to how Andrea Guarino-Slemmons has hers. Her awesome husband Whit even put directions on how to do it on her website. I've ordered the fan and the silencer online, but should be able to get the rest locally.


Ventilation parts for my new studio set-up #lampwork #glassaddictions jen cameron

I've also ordered duplicates of a few of my very favorite basic tools. These are the tools I use on most of my beads. They haven't gotten here yet, but this is what they look like:



favorite lampworking tools glass addictions, jen cameron

Hopefully by the time I write my next post, I will have set everything up and lit the torch for the first time.

Have an amazing week!

-Jen Cameron
Glass Addictions

2 comments :

  1. So much fun to see all these new studios taking shape, you and Karen and Lesley!!! I love reading about it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love read posts from the three of you also. So fun!

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear what you have to say, please leave a comment.