Friday, November 8, 2013

German And Portuguese Contemporary Jewelry

I just returned from three weeks in Germany and a week in Lisbon, Portugal.  I met my husband when he was an exchange student from Germany to the United States, so all my in-laws are in Germany, in the general vicinity of Frankfurt. We spent about 3 weeks with family and then took a week for ourselves in Lisbon, Portugal.  The week in Lisbon was a 40th wedding anniversary gift that we gave ourselves!

Whenever we were out and about, I kept a sharp eye out for jewelry store windows, with artisan jewelry.  I'm going to share some of my discoveries and hope that they will be an inspiration for you.  In general, I found clean, contemporary lines, with nothing rustic or shabby chic to be seen.

Germany

Lampwork or Slumped Glass






More Handmade Glass

So Graceful!
Some Pretty Beaded Jewelry
Love this set of earrings and necklace!
Similar to the set above, but more rounded and in gold.
Some amber, beaded jewelry.

Lisbon

Love these!
I hope you've enjoyed this mini tour of German and Portuguese contemporary artisan jewelry!  Which pieces of jewelry did you like best?  Why?
Linda


6 comments :

  1. Thank you for the photos. I prefer the beaded jewellery. I also love those glass pendants - great shape and colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finds! I love that last necklace with the metal discs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the graceful curves especially the lampwork/slumped glass.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice little article! I've been to Portugal and Germany, doing the "roots" thing (I'm of Portuguese and German descent). I remember seeing some amazing gemstone jewelry in Lisbon - extremely expensive, but beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Other than the two top glass pieces, my favorite is the last one...totally my style. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear what you have to say, please leave a comment.