Tuesday, July 22, 2014

These Are A Few Of My Favorite...Tools!

We all have our favorite tools when we make our beads or jewelry and I thought I'd show you a few of mine!

The first one is a Bead Roller by Donna Felkner - I have several of them, but I really love this shape, it's called baroque. 
 I used it to make this really cool bead here!  I should have a few of these available at Bead Fest in August!

 Next are metal stainless steel chop sticks.  I got this hint from Sage Holland when I took an intensive glass class with her several years ago.  They are cheap and they work great for pulling twisties.  You can get them from kitchen shops online.  See how mine are burned at the end?  That's the only problem with these, after you use them for a while they burn out on the ends.  But they are so cheap it's not a big deal.
 Next is my rod holder by Graceful Customs.  She makes some great tools, and I don't know what I did without these for years!
 They are so perfect for holding shorts, so you don't waste glass!

 Next is my Magic Wand by Corina Tettinger.  She doesn't always have tools available, you kind of have to jump on it when she announces she has some!  It can do many things, I mainly use it for tapping down murrini or making grooves for pumpkin beads!
 I'm hoping to be able to get around to making some of these pumpkin beads for Bead Fest as well, but with so many beads in my head, I may not be able to.

 Finally, a bead press I got from Leonardo Lampwork.  I actually have several of these but this is my favorite one, the swirl.
I have some awesome new focals and sets to introduce at Bead Fest using this tool, but you'll have to wait til my next post to see them!!!!

What are your favorite tools for working in your medium? Some of these can be used for other mediums, as well!

Susan Kennedy
SueBeads Etsy Store
SueBeads Web Store


4 comments :

  1. Thanks for the great tool wrap up! I've stumbled into most of these - yay! Feels like I'm in the right track!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanx Sue, I appreciate learning about your tools and the links to where you got them helps a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These tools are fascinating to me.... especially the metal chopsticks! I didn't know there was such a thing, but I could definitely find a use for those! Enjoy the day. Erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have metal chop sticks from a visit to Korea, but I've never used them for anything but eating! I love the baroque shape bead you shared and look forward to seeing what you make with the swirl press!

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear what you have to say, please leave a comment.