Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Art Bead Ornament Love

I love making Christmas ornaments with art beads! I thought I'd show you some that I have made, and maybe give you some ideas!  I have a habit of hoarding art beads I can't part with, so this is a good way to hold onto them forever!

 These owls were made with polymer owls I made from a tutorial by Heather Powers.  I used the handmade felted beads for an interesting effect!

 These ones were made with polymer hearts I purchased from Martha Eason - she no longer has her shop open.  I liked matching my own lampwork beads to the colors in the hearts!

 These were made with my own lampwork baroque beads and chandellier crystals.  You can do these with the clear ones too - they are awesome for ornaments!
These ones were made with ceramic beads from AJE's own Jenny Davies-Reazor and Karen Totten.  I used my own lampwork beads again, to provide some accents.

 The fox and deer ornaments I made for my boyfriend, with AJE's Kristen Stevens' black beaded ring; I made my own beaded ring for the deer ornament.  The polymer fox is by Summer Wind Jewelry on etsy and the deer pendant is my Blu Mudd. 
 Another polymer pendant made into an ormanent by Summer Wind - I used a snowball bead I made, and my favoriate color czech faceted rondelles!


Finally, a really cute ornament with a candy birdhouse by Rejetta Sellers - the peppermint candy was an extra, and I used it as a little dangle on the ornament hook!  By shimmer beads are a great accent to the snow!

To get an ornament hook tutorial, check here!

What about you - do you have art beads you just can't give up?  This is a good way to use them, and then you can really appreciate them once a year!  



Susan Kennedy
SueBeads Etsy Store
SueBeads Web Store

5 comments :

  1. They're all very nice. What a great way to display and share your pretty art beads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue. I love your ornaments. The candy birdhouse is adorable. I have been making Christmas ornaments every year since the early 1980's. Now I have a couple of new ideas. Thanx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all so beautiful and unique!

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear what you have to say, please leave a comment.