Thursday, December 18, 2014

Pantone Spring 2015 Colour Trends



So the new Pantone colour trends for spring 2015 are out... I have to say I do tend to make what I like and don't really follow any trends, generally finding that there are only a few colours in this report that are 'me'. I'm actually quite liking this palette though because it comprises some more earthy hues and the beach/ocean tones that I favour. I'm don't work very much in pink or yellow but these versions don't offend me and I love Marsala - the colour of the year.


I had a quick look through my stock when I saw the report and found some things that slot very well into this palette including this cute little memory wire bracelet featuring a very 'with it' owl from Tree Wings Studio...


I've also just done a Raku firing with a batch of ceramic beads which turned out to be bang on trend...all totally planned of course!


The rest of the AJE team seemed to have a pretty positive response to the report too so I had a little nosey around some of their shops to see what I could find and, well, I found a lot.

Like me Jenny has the blues and browns covered but she also has some  lovely 'custard' pieces in her current range...


With her fabulous painted feathers and polymer clay beads Rebekah is rocking Tangerine amongst others...


Caroline and Kristi are already working the 'Strawberry Ice' to great effect in combination with the soft neutral earth tones...


Spring has already sprung in Diana's shop - just look at this luscious mix...


It seems to me that a large chunk of the Pantone palette could have been inspired by this fabulous necklace of Lindsay's - what a great colour combo...



The earthiness of some of these colours really comes through in Karen's work and I really like how these tones are working together...


And like Lindsay's necklace these Wooly Wire coils are just a perfect fit...


Linda is spot on with her colour combination in this single pendant...


And this ccollection of 'Classic Blue, Lucite Green and Aquamarine' from Sue is just heavenly...


So what do you think of this colour forecast then...does it make you smile and inspire you or does it make you groan with dismay...hopefully not the latter!  I've created an Etsy treasury to illustrate how some other bead makers and jewellery designers have used these colours in their work so maybe that will help with the inspiration - just click on the image below to view.

Happy designing for 2015!

https://www.etsy.com/treasury/MTI3OTUxMzV8MjcyNzExMzgzMA/pantone-colour-trends-2015-artisan-beads


8 comments :

  1. This post is chock full of wonderful eye candy! So many beautiful items showcasing these luscious featured Pantone colors. I'm delighted that you've included my Treasure of the Ancients necklace amongst these beauties. Thanks much Lesley!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Lesley, that looks like lots of work to put it all together. It sure is lots of fun to scroll through it all and seen the wonderful colors and creations!! I scrolled through it several times to make sure I didn't miss anything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely, inspiring post, Lesley! I'll share it with members of the Greater Birmingham Bead Society (Alabama, USA) for inspiration in the New Year. Thanks to you, the AJE team and Pantone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely love this new palette. Very excited to create new beads with it! Thank you for this article Lesley, it was fun reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing your wonderful Etsy treasury Lesley!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love some of the colors such as the blues & greens. The color of the year is one that will go with anything. Others I just shake my head and sigh. Good thing I design what feels good to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this article, thanks so much! What great combinations of colors you found. I also do not follow much the color trends because in general I do not like them, but this time I love the combinations with blues and greens and always have. So excited to finally be using something that people will be looking for this spring.

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear what you have to say, please leave a comment.